- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 2 tablespoons Greek-style plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- Yogurt Dill Sauce, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Grate onion on the large holes of a box grater into a medium bowl. Transfer grated onion to a piece of cheese cloth. Squeeze excess liquid from onion and discard. Transfer onion to a clean medium bowl; you should have about 1/2 cup grated onion. Grate zucchini into bowl with onion on the large holes of a box grater; you should have about 3 1/2 cups grated zucchini. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and toss to combine; let stand 30 seconds.
- Transfer zucchini and onion mixture to a clean piece of cheesecloth and cover. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible and discard. Transfer zucchini and onion to a large bowl. Add yogurt and egg; season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Slowly add 3/4 cup of the flour mixture, while folding it into the zucchini mixture. If mixture seems too wet, fold in 1/4 cup more.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, using about 3 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture, gently form a patty and place in skillet. Cook until fritters are firm and begin to turn golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn fritters and continue to cook about 2 minutes more. Turn fritters again and cook for 30 seconds; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat process with remaining zucchini mixture, adding more oil as necessary.
- Season fritters with salt and serve immediately with yogurt-dill sauce.
- 1 cup Greek-style plain full-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- Coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Mix together yogurt and milk in a small bowl until well combined. Fold in dill; season with salt and pepper. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.